The surroundings of Vézelay are sparsely populated. Wonderful for walking, but for shelter, food and drink it is sometimes a puzzle. We have mapped out the options.
On the map opposite are visible:
- the Tour de Vézelay (dark blue line),
- access routes (red lines) and stations (green markers),
- facilities along the routes (blue circles),
- information about culture & history (moss green circles)
If you zoom in further, these facilities will become visible:
- pilgrims' accommodation (maroon markers),
- other accommodation (red markers),
- other facilities (blue markers): shops, etc..
More information about a facility becomes visible when you click on the marker.
Please let us know if any information is incorrect, via the feedback option in your app or an e-mail.
Information on the go:
You can install these files on your smartphone (each file contains information about all routes = Tour de Vézelay, access routes and circular walks):
- tracks (to be combined with a route track):
- KML (Maps.me) (February 22,2021)
- KML (Google Earth) (February 22, 2021)
- GPX (Garmin) (February 22,2021)
- GPX (GPXViewer) (February 22, 2021)
- GPX (OSMand) (February 22,2021)
- GPX (ViewRanger) (February 22, 2021)
- overview (PDF):
- Facilities (February 22, 2021)
Tip: this is a manual (PDF) to install KML/GPX-files on your smartphone.
Map updated on February 22, 2021.
You can drag the map and view the map in full screen.
Covid-info (January 1, 2021)
The map above shows which accommodation was open on October 1 (red and brown markers). Other accommodation was closed or no information was available (grey markers).
The map gives a first impression of the situation we might expect this year. The map will be updated in March, ahead of the new season.
Regarding the access routes: please check yourself whether accommodation is open.